Trailshot

Trailshot
View from the bike

Monday, October 25, 2010

Who am I, and Why am I Here?

                Well, that is always the million dollar question with blogs, isn’t it?  I guess the short answer is Joe Johnson, otherwise known as Big Joe.  That’s something that needs changing, but more on that in a minute!  I am a dad to Brennen Connor and Katie’s husband.  I recently started the transition from full time environmental consultant to part time contract worker. 
                The new schedule and new additions to my life have made me pause to try to asses where I am, and that is part of why I am here.  What better way to think about where you are than to write it down and look at it?  There will probably be some posts on this, but maybe not that many.  Sometimes I think that being too introspective is not good for anyone but the writer.  Since this is a public blog we will try to stay somewhat entertaining.
                A large part of what I want to focus on is being large.  I am trying to make some healthy changes to my life, and part of that was accomplished when I quit smoking.  I will circle back to that in a separate post.  It wasn’t easy, but it was a little complicated and I want to get into that in depth another time.  The next thing I need to do is loose A LOT of weight.  I am finding it extremely difficult to stay motivated and I am hoping that this blog will help. 
                I am also trying to learn to be a dad, and some of what we will talk about will concern that.  Some people seem like they always know what to do and when to do it, I am not one of those people!  I find that most of my first thoughts are wrong and I get “the look” from my incredibly patient wife.  Thank goodness for her or I shudder to think what would become of my poor child.
                Lastly I am here for a good time.  Wow, that sounded much ruder than I wanted it to.  I would like to enjoy my time writing the blog and hopefully, if I ever have readers, I would like them to enjoy what they have read.  I can’t promise to be overly serious, but I can promise that it will be fun to write and read.  There will be lots to talk about along the way, but it is important to me to get back to writing. 
                Look for updates everyone Monday and Friday, probably around evening.  I would like to say that I promise to work enough ahead to post every morning but I am writing this at one o’clock in the afternoon of a post day.  I am not inclined to procrastinate, but it happens from time to time.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment